Stainless Steel Awards 2012
The Stainless Steel Awards serves to recognise and applaud
exceptional achievements within the stainless steel industry.
awards aim to recognise
and promote excellence and entrepreneurial development in
the stainless steel industry, principally in South Africa by profiling
innovative thinking and successes from the industry , the reputation
of the awards and stainless steel is enhanced both locally and
Entries are welcome from local as well as
international individuals and companies involved in the production,
conversion, distribution, use or recommendation of stainless steel.
Finalists and winners will be selected from
the entries by a panel of judges and the winners announced at the Awards
Gala Banquet to be held on 11 October 2012
- Best stainless steel project
The extensive, innovative and productive use of stainless steel in a commercial, industrial or domestic project, alternatively
in an engineering, community or urban project. The project should have taken place during the course of the past 3 years.
- Best stainless steel product
Stainless steel products that demonstrate enhanced performance, cost effectiveness, environmental benefits, aesthetic
appeal or other attributes, through the use of advanced, imaginative and best practice design and manufacturing concepts
- Best stainless steel services
The consistent successful application of service excellence in the manufacture, use, or processing of stainless steel.
Innovation in a design or manufacturing process or technique that uses or is used for producing stainless steel products,
which significantly improve the operational simplicity, maintenance, efficiency, reliability, throughput and consumption of stainless steel.
- Achievement Award
Long-serving achievers in the industry. Nominated from companies or by individuals.
- Student Award - to
recognize young achievers
The best overall engineering or architectural use of stainless steel incorporating style, functionality, durability, innovation,
environmental foresight, quality standards and cost effectiveness – zero or near zero maintenance.
- The Stainless Steel Award
An accolade for the overall winner from all categories, which has done the most for the industry.
– Exceptional work, concepts and execution
– Creativity, originality and advancement
– For the business and the environment
– Keeping to deadlines and minimising costs
– Of the products and the work done
• Impact on the Environment
– Ensuring minimal carbon footprint
• Job Creation
– Employment opportunities created
Rules & Regulations
1. All entries will be treated in the strictest confidence
2. All entries much reach Sassda by no later than 31 July 2012.
3. Entries should be in an A4 folder, on CD or submitted via e-mail.
4. All entries must be illustrated with original photographs.
5. All entries must be accompanied by an executive summary/short motivation as to why the entry deserves an
award - as per the judging criteria listed in this document.
6. Additional materials such as slides, diagrams, audiovisual material and CDs, DVDs and video
tapes may also be included.
7. Scaled models may be submitted if applicable.
8. Entrants should provide references for sourcing additional information where required.
e.g. contact name and telephone number of a customer or client.
9. Each submission is limited to a single design or project and should be done with the prior approval of the
principal parties concerned.
10. The name which appears on the entry form as "Name of Entrant" will be considered by the panel of judges
to be the person or company responsible for the submission of the entry. Similarly, if applicable the "Name of Entrant" shall be the name used if this is the winning entry.
11. The judges have the right to reject any submission for which the documentation does not comply with the
stated requirements of submission and entry.
12. Employees and suppliers of Sassda and their respective families are not allowed to enter.
13. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Winners will be announced at a banquet dinner to be held on 11 October 2012